HICSS 2022 Call for Papers: Towards the Future of Enterprise Systems minitrack
Enterprise systems have played an important role in businesses of various sizes for a long time. With the increasing complexity of today’s business relationships, specialized application systems are being used more and more. Moreover, emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence are becoming accessible for enterprise systems and entail new requirements. This raises the question of the future role of enterprise systems. In particular, the integrative, all- encompassing approach of early system versions is in question.
In order for ERP systems to continue to fulfill their essential role, the systems must adapt to the new needs of organizations and respond to the technological advancements in the market. From an architectural perspective, this requires adaptations at all major architectural levels of ERP systems architecture. From an organizational perspective, new solutions for technical integration and interoperability are needed. With regards to the selection and implementation process, new topics such as cloud-based operation models increase the complexity of decision making.
This minitrack covers topics that contribute to the future role of enterprise systems. This includes but is not limited to the following topics:
- Architecture and reference models of enterprise systems
- Industry-specific adoption of enterprise systems
- Enterprise architecture management (system & interface management)
- Interoperability of enterprise systems with the firm and along the supply-chain
- Decision support (data-driven decisions)
- User interface —usability, personalization of enterprise systems, mobile ERP, new forms of interaction
- Decision support for managerial decision on enterprise systems (e.g. cloud vs. on-premises vs. hybrid)
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in enterprise systems
- ERP as (software) platforms: openness of ERP systems, new levels of modularity of enterprise systems
- Processes and workflows in enterprise systems (workflow management systems as part of enterprise systems)
- Database approaches in enterprise systems
Submissions may include, but are not limited to research papers (conceptual, theoretical, and empirical studies), as well as case studies, and best practices with managerial guidance.
Papers accepted for presentation at HICSS in the minitrack with the potential to shape the future role of enterprise systems will be considered for fast-track submission to the AIS Transactions on Enterprise Systems Journal (www.enterprise-systems.net).
Benedict Bender (Primary Contact), University of Potsdam
Norbert Gronau, University of Potsdam
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CALL FOR PAPERS
June 15, 2021 Submission full manuscripts
August 17, 2021 Acceptance Notifications
September 22, 2021 Deadline for Final Manuscript
October 1, 2021 Deadline for at least one author to register
The minitrack is located within the Organizational Systems and Technology track